The MBA in Aerospace Management is a Postgraduate programme of studies preparing candidates for senior management roles in aerospace organisations and projects. The course’s purpose is to educate the responsible manager, who understands the general picture and wider implications by which organisations in aerospace business are driven and have to be managed. Contemporary managers must also respect standards for certification, quality management, agile methods and risk management, which are indispensable elements within the demand for sustainable management meeting the multiple challenges of aerospace project and organisational management. In today’s complex environment managers have to respect the objectives of multiple constituents and a variety of stakeholders with differing interests. Internalising these criteria into the studies enhances Graduates’ employability and career opportunities within organisations significantly. The programme of studies supports Graduates to differentiate themselves from employees, whose capabilities are limited to professional experience alone. The MBA provides candidates with extended and superior knowledge being fully concentrated on latest reconnaissance and developments, but focuses on modern organisational challenges, forces and values driving these. The course combines knowledge on organisations with key management practice skills and respects acknowledged findings of latest research.
MBA Aerospace Management
MBA Aerospace Management
Shared aims unite all modules in the MBA programme of studies. These objectives are:
- To use theory, case study insights and practical demonstrations to enhance candidates’ intellectual calibre, professional and leadership skills and problem-solving capacity.
- To communicate sophisticated understandings of present and future problems and challenges typically found in contemporary organisations and to identify scope for general and particular improvements in a globalised economy.
- To analyse and foster appropriate leadership roles embedded in the general
management and responsibilities by sophisticated approaches to drive organisational development and to meet the needs of demanding markets and multiple organisational constituents and contexts.
- To explore the scope and content of effective organisational and functional strategies focused on agile methods, risk-based thinking, organisational sustainability and progress within the permanently changing environment in a national, international and global context.
This MBA programme of studies develops extended knowledge on managing the contemporary organisation. It is specifically designed for meeting the concept of Graduates’ Employability Impact. Therefore, the content delivered in the individual modules addresses knowledge on the level of Postgraduate studies.
The particular intended learning outcomes are:
- Develop critical thinking and analytical approaches to theories and practices of.
- contemporary organisational contexts by in-depth analysis of the internal and external environment.
- Enhance the ability to read, understand and make sense of the specific organisational needs for sustainable organisational progress in aerospace business and contexts.
- Extend the capacity to evaluate and critically select between strategies, tactics and operational models in contemporary and future-oriented safety critical environments.
- Provide organisations with necessary insights and robust structures for becoming a socially responsible corporate citizen.
- Apply high standards of moral and ethical behaviour to the own work and to that of an organisation.
The aims for each of the individual modules that make up the MBA are set out in the individual module specifications.
The compulsory modules that candidates study are:
- Agile Systems Engineering in business
- Business Intelligence
- Quality Management in business
- Project Management & Agile Methods
- Employee Motivation (or Financial Management as 2nd option)
- Business Communication
- Research Methods
- Master’s Thesis
Details of the courses can be found here:
These modules are guided by individual learning outcomes, which are closely aligned to fulfil the objective of providing students with the holistic and contextual understanding of managing projects and organisations. Each module offers intensive learning content, in which theory is consequentially oriented towards practice and informs, how best practice in effective and efficient management supports organisational processes and performance.
All modules are assessed and each assessment contributes to the award of the intended Master’s Degree.
For non-business students:
- Principal of Management
- Principal of IT